Category Archives: community

Podcasting for Beginners

This past week, I met a fantastic gentleman, Emmanuel Jenkins.  Emmanuel uses a motorized wheelchair, and we spoke about how people often don’t treat people with disabilities with the same courtesy and respect, and often times, they are really not … Continue reading

blogging, community, podcamp, podcasting , , , , , , ,

Emergency Communication

There’s nothing like running for office to bring up issues of emergency communication, and how it can be improved. I live in an area that’s adjacent to Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE, but as a result, it’s also largely overlooked by … Continue reading

campaign, community , , ,

Infrastructure

Infrastructure in an interesting word and concept.  It is the bones, or framework around which we build everything from ideas to a house, to our larger communities, and our Country as a whole.  Without a solid foundation, we can’t build … Continue reading

business, campaign, community , , , , , ,

The Size of Government

When I’m out talking to people and knocking doors to meet voters, I’m often asked how I feel about the size of government.   There are a lot of problems with how we frame this question, because I think no … Continue reading

business, community, economics, election, government , , , ,

Bosom Buddies

Moms tend to put themselves last on the list of things that need to be taken care of and maintained.  Too many women put off regular health screenings as a result, but that can put you at even greater risk … Continue reading

community, education, friends, happiness , , , ,