Framing The Question

I’ve read a couple of interesting blog posts over the past few days that have really got me thinking.  The first was from my friend CC Chapman, on the YSN blog, asking whether apps will kill work ethic.  The other was about iPads in education by Matt Levinson on...

8 Tips for Driving In The Snow

As a native Upstate New York resident, I learned how to drive in the snow almost as soon as I learned how to drive.  It wasn’t an optional experience.  I learned how to drive in the snow and ice, whether I was driving standard or automatic transmissions, and...

Comcast Service Problems

I’ve been with Comcast for almost 15 years at this point, from back in the day when we still had dial up service.  I’ve been through good time and bad times, and right now, we’re having another one of those bad times. About six years ago, Comcast...

STEM, Girls and The Beastie Boys

UPDATE: Goldiblox has written an open letter and taken the video down.  I’m actually sort of sorry about that, because it was a STEM great video, and even more, has started a real and serious conversation about girls and science, engineering and math. The...